Welfare Rights

The Law Centre offers a specialist service in welfare rights.

We can advise and assist you to understand the complex process of claiming benefits.

Where appropriate, we may be able to represent you at the First Tier Tribunal.

We offer initial advice through our telephone advice line and we provide advice about some of the following issues that arise:

  •  I have received a letter saying my benefit has stopped – what can I do?
  • I have been asked to attend a medical by the DWP – what advice can you give?
  • I have been told I am fit to work – What can I do?
  • I have been told I have been paid too much benefit in the past. Do I have to pay it back?
  • My application for Disability Living Allowance has been refused. How can I challenge this?
  • My daughter has asthma is there any financial help I can get?
  • The bailiffs have wrote to me and said they are coming to remove my household goods – can they do this?

If you think the Law Centre might be able to help you we would ask that you contact our telephone advice line.

*You can also receive help with filling out Employment Support Allowance (ESA) and/or Disability Living Allowance (DLA forms through our ‘Dalston Pop-up’ free legal advice service.  Please call: 020 7633 4531 and leave a message with your name and contact details.  A law student will call you back during office hours.  If your case is suitable, an appointment will be made with a volunteer lawyer on a Tuesday afternoon at Dalston CLR James Library.  More info HERE*.