Hackney Community Law Centre is a charity (registered charity number is: 1016171). That means that we do not make any profits or bonuses from the work that we do. All of the money donated to Hackney Community Law Centre is used only to help the many people who come to us for help and advice. In the last year, primarily due to social and economic factors relating to the economic downturn, HCLC’s caseload increased by around 40 per cent, as over 3,000 people used our services. Without your help and financial support, Hackney Community Law Centre would not be able to provide the services that it does.
We are very grateful to the following people and organisations for their donations to the Law Centre:
- Jon Worth (www.techpolitics.eu) – for designing this website for HCLC free of charge
- Hackney Parochial Charities – for donating £916 towards new legal text books
- Matthew Howgate – for donating a camera to HCLC
- Matrix Chambers – for donating £7,200 towards the funding of interns for HCLC’S Community Law Shops Pop-Up’ Advice Service
- Stephen Rathbone – for putting up new shelving for case files and text books
- Aidan O’Neill QC- for donating his book: ‘EU Law for UK Lawyers’
- Declan O’Callaghan – for donating the LAG book: ‘Housing – an adviser’s handbook‘ by Diana Astin
- Lloyds TSB Foundation for England and Wales - for donating £26,000 towards the HCLC volunteer and intern scheme
- Turner Broadcasting – for repainting HCLC’s offices, including providing all labour and materials free of charge
- Lynn Dalton and Matthew Sparkes from Linklaters – for donating two tickets to the Law Society Excellence Awards 2012
- The Legal Department at HCA International Ltd for donating the Civil Court Practice 2011
- Holt Charitable Trust
- West Hackney Parochial Charities for donating £5000 towards the continuation of the HCLC Community Law Shops ‘Pop-Up’ Advice Service
- Hackney Unison for donating £100 to HCLC.
If you would like to discuss making a donation to the Law Centre – financially or in kind – please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also become an official Friend of Hackney Community Law Centre by clicking HERE.