HCLC provides essential advice for those who have nowhere to live or are in danger of losing their homes through possession proceedings.
Some of the problems we help people with are: defending possession claims, applying to set aside warrants for eviction, serious disrepair, homelessness, illegal evictions, and tenancy status.
We provide legal advice about many of the following issues:
- My landlord is going to evict me next week. Can I do anything to stop this?
- I have received a claim for possession from the County Court for rent arrears. What should I do?
- Does the council have a duty to find me somewhere to live?
- My landlord won’t do any repairs in my home. Can I force them to?
- My partner has moved out. Can I become the tenant?
- The council is taking me to court they’re accusing me of making noise, what can I do?
We also manage and participate in the Duty Representation Scheme at the Clerkenwell & Shoreditch County Court.
If you are affected by any of the above issues, the Law Centre might be able to help you.
Please contact our telephone advice line on 020 8985 8364 – the advice line is open from 10.00 am to 1.00pm Mondays and Wednesdays.
Alternatively call into our office on Lower Clapton Road and discuss your case with us.